Schedule of Interfaith Actions on Earth Week
The Interfaith Moral Action on Climate Change is partnering with the National Religious Coalition on Creation Care (NRCCC), the Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN) and the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) in a united interfaith call to action on the climate crisis.
Together, we are hosting a conference, vigils, services, a procession, and providing support and training for visits with Congressional representatives.
If you are interested in participating in any of these activities, especially visits with Congressional representatives, please e-mail Bergin Parks at email@example.com.
Monday, April 23rd
- NRCCC is holding an all day conference entitled "Scientific, Religious and Cultural Implications of Global Warming" at St. Sophia's Church (2815 36th Street, N.W., Washington D.C.) The conference will also include training for participants planning to visit their Congressional delegates the following days.
- WEA is bringing evangelical youth from across the nation for a procession at the White House.
Tuesday, April 24th
IMAC is organizing an interfaith service and a religious/spiritual procession from the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial to the U.S. Capitol.
- SUNRISE-9:30 Vigil at the Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial, followed by walk to the New York Avenue Presbyterian Church (1313 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.)
- 10:30 Multi-faith service at New York Avenue Presbyterian Church
- 11:30 Procession to the U.S. Capitol; shared brown-bag lunch and vigil.
- 1:30-4:30 Activities and visits on Capitol Hill: Constituent group meetings with members of both houses of Congress.
- 4:30-5:30 Closing gathering and benedictions
- We are calling for local interfaith vigils and activities around the country during this time. [details forthcoming]
Wednesday, April 25th
- Activities and visits on Capitol Hill: Constituent group meetings with members of both houses of Congress. [all day]
- Press conference of religious leaders [time and location TBD]
Thursday, April 26th
- The Evangelical Environmental Network is organizing a Global Day of Prayer for Creation Care.