Spring Lobby Weekend 2012 Schedule
March 17th: Day of tourism vs. day of activism
- Participants can choose to take part in March 17th demonstrations commemorating the invasion of Iraq in 2003, or tour Capitol Hill, museums, and DC generally.
- Evening session: meet and greet, ice cream social, opening remarks by Diane Randall: Quaker Faith and Practice .
March 18th: Day of issue-based training
- Intro: Who are we? A Quaker lobby in the public interest.
- Participants will be briefed on Afghanistan and a second issue to be determined.
- Participants will be briefed by expert panels on the issues.
- From this session, each participant (in groups or individually) will be able to design their lobbying asks
- Keynote speaker on Afghanistan
- Evening Meeting for Worship (participation optional)
March 19th: Day of lobby training
- Participants will be taught how to lobby
- Participants will strategize their lobby session
- Participants will role-play their strategies
- Media and organizing training centered around “taking the message home”
- Keynote panel on effective lobbying (given by Hill staff)
March 20th: Lobby Day
- FCNL will be open for survey drop-off and luggage storage
- FCNL staff will be available for questions and logistical concerns