Call for Congressional Action on Climate Change
What we are asking:
- Join hundreds of young people in Washington to take action on Climate Change.
- Attend our 4 day conference, March 14-17, 2015.
What you are getting:
- Training and experience in effective constituent lobbying
- Greater knowledge of climate change and environmental policy
- Connections to hundreds of young activists from around the country
- Suggested content to include this experience in your resume
- The power to make change in DC and once you’ve returned to your community
How to register:
Register online! Even if you’re coming with a larger group, everyone has to register on this page. Scholarship Funding for housing and transportation is available on a case-by-case basis.
Check back for regular schedule updates as we get closer to March!
Saturday, March 14
- Keynote Address: Our Moral Obligation to Act on Climate Change
- Breakout: Telling your story. What leads you to action?
- Open Worship
Sunday, March 15
- Climate Science Overview – Why action can’t wait.
- What’s holding us up? – Why action isn’t happening.
- Policy Briefing: “The Ask” – A bipartisan recognition of climate change.
- Workshop Period: Using Your Talents for Action
- Workshop Period: Taking the Message Home
Monday, March 16
- Lobby Training: Crafting Your Message
- Congressional Staff Briefing: How do we lobby effectively?
- Working with the Media
- (Some lobby visits will begin Monday afternoon.)
Tuesday, March 17
- Lobby Day!