Latest Action Alert
Decision Time on the Iran Deal
We have less than 30 days to protect the nuclear deal with Iran before a critical September vote. Is your senator speaking out for peace?
Critics of the deal are spending millions and millions of dollars to convince members of Congress that this is a bad deal. Even if you've called or emailed already, many members of Congress are still making up their minds about the deal.
I want to respond to questions you’ve raised and direct you to additional information:
- Is this a good deal? Yes. This deal dramatically shrinks Iran's nuclear program and gives inspectors the access they need to verify the deal.
- Could we negotiate a better deal? There’s no guarantee that Iran would come back to the negotiating table if the deal is rejected now. Scuttling this deal could mean no deal at all.
- Why is this deal important? This deal with Iran is the best chance we have to prevent a nuclear-armed Iran and another U.S. war in the Middle East.
- Should we trust Iran? This deal is about verification, not trust. Inspectors will have the access they need to find out if Iran is cheating on the deal.
- Why does the September vote matter? The vote will be incredibly close, and Congress could vote to reject the deal. That would jeopardize all this progress.
- Find out more on our website.
This vote will be a huge opportunity for Congress to support diplomacy—an answer to war and global conflict, an opportunity to support the vital work for peace. Thank you for your work for peace.