Contacts are the primary people who connect grassroots activists to the FCNL legislative team in Washington during important issue campaigns.
FCNL Contacts are the liaisons who keep their meeting or church informed about FCNL’s issues and action opportunities. They also let FCNL know about the concerns and advocacy work of Friends in their area.
Contacts also receive a monthly e-newsletter that gives the inside scoop on how our network is engaging with members of Congress, as well as what is happening at the FCNL office and on Capitol Hill.
Interested in being an FCNL Contact? Write to us!
FCNL relies on Contacts to:
- Read FCNL’s weekly Legislative Action Message (available through e-mail, phone (202-547-4343), or our website) and share it with others on Sunday when it seems appropriate.
- Encourage others to build a relationship with their representative and senators through lobby visits, phone calls, and letter-writing using our Grassroots Toolkit.
- Tell FCNL what their meetings are up to!
In the past, Contacts have done this by:
- Setting up an FCNL display in their meeting’s common area using our ready-made presentation kit, FCNL in a Box.
- Placing FCNL messages in their meeting’s bulletin or silent announcements.
- Inviting an FCNL staff member or representative to do a lobby training.
- Organizing a lobby visit with a member of Congress. Encouraging others to join FCNL’s email lists.
- Encouraging others to support FCNL financially.
- Talking to Young Friends in their meeting or church about the experience of lobbying.
- Leading the meeting or church’s participation in FCNL’s legislative priorities process.